ISO/IEC 9075 defines the SQL language. The scope of the SQL language is the definition of data structure and the operations on data stored in that structure. ISO/IEC 9075-1:2008, ISO/IEC 9075-2:2008 and ISO/IEC 9075-11:2008 encompass the minimum requirements of the language. Other parts define extensions.
ISO/IEC 9075-11:2008 specifies an Information Schema and a Definition Schema that describe:
- the structure and integrity constraints of SQL-data;
- the security and authorization specifications relating to SQL-data;
- the features, subfeatures, and packages of ISO/IEC 9075, and the support that each of these has in an SQL implementation;
- the SQL-implementation information and sizing items of ISO/IEC 9075 and the values supported by an SQL-implementation.
Status: WithdrawnPublication date: 2008-07
Edition: 2Number of pages: 278
Technical Committee: ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 32 Data management and interchange
- ICS :
- 35.060 Languages used in information technology
ISO/IEC 9075-11:2003/Cor 2:2007
ISO/IEC 9075-11:2008Stage: 95.99
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs
+41 22 749 08 88
Monday to Friday - 09:00-12:00, 14:00-17:00 (UTC+1)
Keep up to date with ISO
Sign up to our newsletter for the latest news, views and product information.