This standard was last reviewed and confirmed in 2022. Therefore this version remains current.
ISO 28460:2010 specifies the requirements for ship, terminal and port service providers to ensure the safe transit of an LNG carrier through the port area and the safe and efficient transfer of its cargo. It is applicable to
- pilotage and vessel traffic services (VTS);
- tug and mooring boat operators;
- terminal operators;
- ship operators;
- suppliers of bunkers, lubricants and stores and other providers of services whilst the LNG carrier is moored alongside the terminal.
ISO 28460:2010 includes provisions for
- a ship's safe transit, berthing, mooring and unberthing at the jetty;
- cargo transfer;
- access from jetty to ship;
- operational communications between ship and shore;
- all instrumentation, data and electrical connections used across the interface, including OPS (cold ironing), where applicable;
- the liquid nitrogen connection (where fitted);
- ballast water considerations.
ISO 28460:2010 applies only to conventional onshore LNG terminals and to the handling of LNGC's in international trade. However, it can provide guidance for offshore and coastal operations.
Status: PublishedPublication date: 2010-12
Edition: 1Number of pages: 28
Technical Committee: ISO/TC 67/SC 9 Production, transport and storage facilities for cryogenic liquefied gases
- ICS :
- 75.200 Petroleum products and natural gas handling equipment
Buy this standard
|std 1 145|
|std 2 145||Paper|
A standard is reviewed every 5 years
Stage: 90.93 (Confirmed)
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs
+41 22 749 08 88
Monday to Friday - 09:00-12:00, 14:00-17:00 (UTC+1)
Keep up to date with ISO
Sign up to our newsletter for the latest news, views and product information.