ISO 22663:2007 defines the Proximity-1 space link protocol data link layer (framing, media access, data services, and input-output sublayers). It specifies the protocol data units, framing, media access control, expedited and sequenced controlled data transfer, timing service, i/o control, as well as the procedures for establishing and terminating a session between a caller and responder. The coding and synchronization sublayer is defined in ISO 21459. The physical layer is defined in ISO 21460.
ISO 22663:2007 does not specify
- individual implementations or products;
- implementation of service interfaces within real systems;
- the methods or technologies required to perform the procedures; or
- the management activities required to configure and control the protocol.
The scope and field of application are furthermore detailed in subclause 1.3 of the enclosed CCSDS publication.
Status: WithdrawnPublication date: 2007-10
Edition: 2Number of pages: 139
Technical Committee: ISO/TC 20/SC 13 Space data and information transfer systems
- ICS :
- 49.140 Space systems and operations
ISO 22663:2007Stage: 95.99
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs
Monday to Friday - 09:00-12:00, 14:00-17:00 (UTC+1)
Keep up to date with ISO
Sign up to our newsletter for the latest news, views and product information.